Thursday, February 17, 2011

Parts Of A Ship Diagram That's Labeled

AND DESPITE ALL ...

Autor: Juan de Dios Garduño Cuenca



SINOPSIS
Durante el mandato President Obama, the U.S. has evidence that Iran is about to commit an attack on their bases on allied territory. To the astonishment of the world declares war. Russia and China are allied with Iran, Britain and Israel with the Americans and, thus, country by country, all take part in World War 3.
in full confrontation, and the devastation that produce nuclear weapons, opponents decide to use chemical weapons, cheaper and easier to manufacture. Creating new strains of existing viruses, using recombinant DNA and extinct and almost the entire world population.
In the city of Bangor, Maine, only three people survived. Peter, her daughter and Patrick Sthendall, his hated neighbor. Snow in the total population, governed by temperatures that drop below ten degrees below zero, the two men will face more than the hatred felt towards each other. Some visitors who did not ...




OPINION Carolina Marquez Rojas

I do not like stories terror, lo paso muy mal. No me gustan, y sin embargo soy fan de ellos aunque los leo con un ojo cerrado, como cuando ves una película y en el momento crucial te tapas los ojos con las manos pero dejas un resquicio entre los dedos para poder seguir mirando lo que no quieres ver… o si.
Las referencias que yo tenía sobre la novela de Juande Garduño eran que se trataba de una novela “de zombis”, así, sin más. Yo no me muevo por referencias ni por críticas, así que no sé por qué, me sentía atraída a leerla pensando que su autor podía ofrecerme algo más, mucho más. Por una de esas casualidades de la vida, alguien supo que yo estaba interesada y ese alguien me puso en contacto con otra persona, la cual me proporcionó un ejemplar de la novela, pues aquí donde vivo era imposible encontrarla (cosillas de las distribuidoras, ya se sabe). Así que, ante todo, quiero agradecerle a Mónica Mateo Manzano ( Cyber Cómics ), que me enviara la novela, gracias…  
No me gustan los zombis, nunca me han gustado desde que vi siendo niña “La noche de los muertos vivientes” de George A. Romero, y menos aun cuando vi el remake de 1990. Pero algo en este relato me hacía pensar que no iba a encontrarme con los tópicos del género.
I was not disappointed at all. The future that presents after a biological warfare that has wiped out most of humanity is the apocalyptic future that we have seen before in film and other literary works. That is the terror that I like. I hate blood and guts stories but get me that test the survival instincts and that moral and ethical dilemmas to which the protagonists must contend. In this sense, "And despite everything ..." I recalled the stories of the masters Stephen King and Dean R. Koontz, Garduño even makes a nod to the first placing the action in Bangor, Maine town, en el que nació el más famoso autor de novela de terror que ha existido hasta hoy.
El autor bebe de estas fuentes, eso es indudable. Una población aislada del mundo por una nieve casi eterna,   tres supervivientes enfrentándose a algo desconocido y para lo cual no están preparados; caminatas en mitad de un temporal, salidas para buscar avituallamiento en medio de una soledad inmensa y de repente… algo les acecha, algo inhumano que les hará reaccionar frente a su apatía y su rutina para unir fuerzas en una causa común: la supervivencia.
Existen en la novela muchas referencias literarias y cinematográficas. Me ha sido inevitable remember "The Omega Man" or the most current version "I Am Legend" and I thought back to see Robert Neville double (or triple, let's not forget Kitty, not the dog: I did mourn, Garduño).
I've always said that I am very emotional when I talk about a novel. I like to explain the emotions that caused me to read and tend to flee to point out the failures or successes in the "art" as the style and prose and stuff like that after all I care less if I enjoyed the story but I am very grateful that the chapters are short and not abused in any way useless descriptions help story. The prose is not complicated, no artifacts and the narrative from the point of view of two people contributes to tension at the end of each of these chapters. Garduño know catch you in a universe that does not ever want to live, that made me feel scared, but not understood as absolute terror into the unknown, but as the terror that lurks behind every one of us in the next door neighbor, a friend is the terror that produces knowledge that each of these people may fail you at any given time and you can finish your days immersed in the most absolute solitude.
That is the worst fear of every human being.

CAROLINA ROJAS MARQUEZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment